Winter has well and truly come here in Mt Eliza, so much so that we have had to replace one fence so far this season! It's also meant that it's soup time! One flavor in particular is very versatile in the kitchen and that's tomato soup.
Believe it or not, you can actually use it for more things than just putting in a pot and serving it with hot toast.
How To Use
- As a base for meatball sauce (see recipe below)
- Use it as a base for meat sauces i.e. Sloppy Joes, Spaghetti Bolognaise and Swiss Steak
- Use it to replace Passatta
- Bake a cake with it ... truly! Click here for the link to the recipe for Tomato Soup Cake!
- Add it to a beef casserole.
- Add into a Goulash or Stroganoff
- Use as a base for Tomato Pasta Sauces.
- Pasta Bake
Bec Taylor hates to cut pumpkin so gets Mr Taylor to do it ... the only good purpose for him in the kitchen! That and jar opening ...